Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday 3:51pm

Okay I'm alone in the office so I have a couple minutes to write a quick post. This will have absolutely no overarching topic, just mainly nonsensical, useless blathering.

Today Bush is down the street from me. At the UN Office. I hear all these people chanting stuff and I wish I were with them. The most powerful man in the world, a man that even I could destroy in an IQ contest, is down the street from me, just four blocks away, and I have to stay up here 37 floors up doing nothing about it. It seems trivial. It reminds me of the passage from "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" when he talks about all these young people at a bar, there's like 200 of them, and all they're doing is talking. Something more should come of this situation. He brings up the possibility of a giant orgy, which, in its own right would definitely be something. But he also talks about a certain destruction and reconstruction of the place in which they're inhabiting...Or something really dynamic and life-earth-civilization changing. You've got 200 people, each with enormous individual power. Think of their collective potential. It's really something to think about.

I have to work on the library tonight, maybe watch Fox Football Fone-In (FFF), work on one of my essays(which will be premiering on this website in due time!), write a letter from my employer for the Green Card application, and continue rendering the reception desk for work. That's my night.

Shay Given will be out for at least 6 weeks after sustaining an abdomen injury comparable to an automobile accident. NUFC are in trouble, but the backup keeper, Harper, is incredibly good for a backup keeper. He's excited to finally get some playing time, and I'm excited to see him play. He did well in our UEFA qualifier. We're at Anfield on Wednesday. If we can take three points AT West Ham and either 1 or 3 at Anfield, the world will be rosy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home