Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Beginnings of something wonderful

So for the next few weeks, I'm going to wade around in the much and attempt to get used to blogging. For anyone who sees this besides my confidant Kramer, I apologize because there's a good chance you'll be easily confused. However, I would like, at this time, to stress that this blog IS intended for the public domain, and I will be keeping comments as "outside" as possible. I would like to have a stranger to this blog come on in, enjoy what they're reading, and have a feeling that they have walked into the middle of a conversation between friends, and that they're more than welcome to join in. There will be moments of brilliance but also, and quite possibly much longer, moments of insufficient idiocy. However, as the author and creator of this inspired littany of feelings, these moments are my right, and I will expose my inadequate thoughts passionately and proudly. (!) So, in light of this learning curve, I invite anyone to leave comments to help me through it.
But to start, as the name implies, this blog will be mostly, more or less, about international rules football and architecture. I am a 27 year old architect who is aspiring to soon be running my own office and becoming one of the greats the world has ever known. I'm not afraid to say that I'm quite certain that after I am dead, my buildings and other creations will be looked at positively. They may not be incredibly well known, but they will certainly be great. Some of the best. And this I can assure myself and anyone else. I must also say, that this will be in large part to my business partner and wife, Asako. She has far better taste than I do, and generally is much more ingenious. I'm typically used mainly as an injection of passion throughout the project. I give the crazy, impossible ideas, and she turns them into wonderful buildings.
So there's that. And then there's football, something which Asako (also called Acha and Ach from herein) will have nothing to do with. I have grown up with the sport, played it competitively throughout college and have recently been able to rekindle my love for it because of modern cable television. I'm a Newcastle United fan, and my posts will typically revolve around this team, but as a fan of the game more than anything, they will be all inclusive. To begin, let's just say this: before the transfer window closed, I had nufc placed in the # 5 slot of the prem. Now, after seeing our rivals and other clubs thought to be behind us perform leaps and bounds better than we did in our player purchasing, I find it hard to imagine that we'll finish anything above 8. I'm holding our for an 8 spot, and am praying we'll stay in the top half of the table. More to come.
So, these will be, by far, the two most talked about topics on this weblog. But I can assure you it will sway far and wide. So please help me along, give me topics, and we can all live better together through the internet.

Now, it's 5:26 EST (by the way, I live in Brooklyn, NY so all times I give will be EST) and I'm about to go watch the US Open evening session; tickets bought pre-sales by my afore-mentioned confidant, AR Kramer. USTA member, he is. Perks included. I will be viewing the Sharapova/Golovin and Roddick/Hewitt matches. I am excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home